Larry Kindred - Class of 2016
- Larry started his Arizona High School football officiating in 1965.
- Larry's expertise on the field has given him the privilege of officiating six State Championship Games, over 30 playoff games and five All -Star games.
- Larry has also been very active in youth football. Not only has he officiated for the youth football league, he also served in the roll of assignor from 1969 to 2002 in which he assigned officials to weekly games throughout the season.
- Larry was elected to the Regional Board, now called the Arizona Football Officials Association (AZFOA), from 1970 to 2011. For 15 years, his role on the Board was to co-instruct the classes on officiating rules for the Southwest Region. Larry also served on the AZFOA Advisory Committee for 2 years. He has worked as a clinician for officiating camps in Phoenix, Tucson and Round Valley. And, from 2000 to 2011, Larry presided over the Awards Committee.
- Larry also officiated in the ACCAC/WSFL Junior College Football League for 8 years.
- In 2010, Larry received the Jim Murphy Volunteer Award for Volunteering Countless Hours of his personal time for the betterment of all Arizona Football Officials
- In 2000, Larry received the Mentor Program Contribution Award from AZFOA for mentoring several 100 football officials during his career.
- In 2012, Larry was named the NFHS Officials Association Football Official of the Year.
- In his 50 year officiating career, Larry has never rejected or missed an AIA or youth game assignment.